<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 19, 2007

15 cans of spray-paint



Oh Conor Oberst. You were the most fly of the angst-ridden indie poster boys, but something was different on Friday night at Koko. Your hair was longer, your shirt smarter, your back more hunched. You seemed even more angst-ridden than before, more under-the-influence. When you last played in London it was 5 days after 7th July 2005 and there was a bomb scare outside the venue before the gig. You put on one of the strongest, most emotional shows I've ever witnessed, especially the climax of Easy/Lucky/Free when you told us to be brave. Friday was strange, you seemed less in touch, a little less passionate. I hope it was just jetlag, in fact, I'm sure it was because your new songs are so good. I was worried you were turning soft after reading that this would be the album that would take you to the mainstream. They were so dark, wow. I can't wait to see you again in New York at the Town Hall in May! Oh yes!

Robbie
xx
p.s. I love Four Winds. Listen to it here.

posted by Unknown at 3/19/2007 12:45:00 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?