<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Soy milk and TH(re)E SUGARS



This week The Sugars released their second single. It's also definitely the best song released this year so far. It is called Monsters and, yes, it is indeed one. You can hear the demo version of it (I prefer the demo) on their MySpace and buy the final version here. It's also available in real record shops on 7" and CD.

Their sound is very 50s inspired and their style and stage-show are, naturally, in keeping. I caught them supporting The Long Blondes the day my old camera died on me (hence lack of original pictures) and was blown away by their boy/girl call/response intense performance, with old-fashioned microphones, quiffs and attitude. They are playing next Thursday at Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes, so I hope to see them again then. With my camera.

posted by Unknown at 2/15/2007 05:27:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?