<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

...And The Heavens Opened.



Last Thursday I was in two minds as to whether to go to a rescheduled "Eastern European Employment Market" seminar for which I hadn't done the reading. It would be between 6-8pm. I walked a route that would take me home or to the seminar. It was a strange sunset, a strange twilight and a wonderful walk. As I was crossing Babelplatz I looked up in the flaming orange sky and saw the most extraordinary sight. The sky was full of tiny black birds. There must have been thousands and thousands of them all flying in one direction. It would have made the most perfect photo. I looked around to see if anyone else was watching, but noone else was. I can't quite express how beautiful it was. I wondered where they were all going - it reminded me of some of the imagery in The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman, something to do with fate and heaven and orange, burning skies. I decided after that not to go to the class and hurried home to get my camera. For the rest of the evening I walked around central Berlin taking photographs on long exposures. Never in my life have I felt so in love with a place and a moment as then.

Photos that I took can be viewed here

posted by Unknown at 1/17/2006 05:34:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?