<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

An open letter and a one-off slip into the first person.



Dear the Killers,

We danced, you played me your favourite Beatles demos, we talked bands, you liked Oasis and I didn't, you bought me drinks, I even gave you a Franz Ferdinand badge that I stole from some 14 year old girls in Bristol. And now you reschedule your date at Glasgow's King Tut's Wah Wah Hut to 27th June when I'll be away inter-railing. You didn't have to. You aren't ill. But now I can't go.

It's a kick in the teeth. I bought the last Cd single. I bought your lovely pink gatefold 7" of Somebody told me. I even bought one for the boyfriend. And of course I'll be buying the re-release of Mr Brightside on all three formats. And the album. And I'm going to the London and Oxford shows. I'm a big fan, don't do this to me.

Well, I guess it's too late now. But don't do it again. Rescheduling dates is never nice, especially if you don't have to.

Yours sincerely,

Abstractboy xxx

posted by Robbie de Santos at 5/17/2004 10:08:00 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?